Tuesday, December 4, 2018

DUST OF DEMOLITION




Still yet standing, waiting; here,
on the precipice of another dawning.
The rising awareness comes
covering over the past in
this present sense of place.

Being convinced of a cliff’s edge
is no proof of its strength or truth.
What times are these
when there is only the dust of demolition
escaping from the implosion of the present?

It is easy to be lost
when enveloped in the dark
unbreathable remnant of the past.
That explosion of the 1950’s birth canal
producing little more than a ravenous craving.

“It is good to die” I am told by them surviving the pressure wave;
“there is no more to add to the cloud of destruction loosed.
It will roll on long after you are gone”
Nothing known belongs to them aging into a future so bleak.
Their only need is for a past erased that they may go forward.

© M Durfee
12/4/18

8 comments:

  1. I'm enveloped in the dark every day, friend Mark … and lived with it for many years … and every day I receive the envelope I return it to sender … Good to her from you, friend … smiles … Gheezuzkriat, Missed you so much … Always, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. … hear … I hate spelling mistakes … smiles … Love, cat.

      Delete
  2. Strong lines, Mark, and a bit depressing. What mess we will leave behind. Maybe there will still be a few flowers that will bloom.

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynamic expression with a sad tone.

    Merry Christmas and a happy new year Mark. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are living Idiocracy! Hallo Mark, where have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...