Friday, December 29, 2017

LEAVE THE WORTHLESS TO THE WORTHLESS



MAGPIE EYE

We all fly alone from birth to death.
Society will try fill the gray void
between living and dying,
We all will see what catches our magpie eye.
We tend towards glitter in the mud.
Believing it is more than refuse.
Try soaring in the clear night sky
while plotting which gem you can capture.

© M Durfee
12/29/17


I humbly submit another 55. I think of G-Man when I write these and I know he is well above the cosmos now but when he was among us he certainly was able to tell the pyrite from the gold.

Ahhh well..anyway I am linking to VERSE ESCAPE as should you if you try to complete a thought in any form in 55 words (punctuation does not count)

I pray fondly for you in this coming year that whatever may be troubling you today finds its resolution in the not too distant future.

11 comments:

  1. I think this really sums up what the 55 does best--a succinct and directed message, yet rich and full of words to savor as well as understated and complete. Like you, when I write(and read) I think of Galen and how every week he would have taken each one and found something to say which made the writer feel appreciated,part of something, and not just a grey piece of void. Thanks for remembering him with me, Mark, and for fighting for some sanity and hope, too. May the new year kick a LOT of ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pray any more, meouwpoppa Mark ... Best meouw wishes for 2018 ... Love U ... cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and i through star-filled skies will indulge every thought and none deny the chance to prove only love kills the lies..... feel soft and pliable today, the dreamer in me refuses to die and on days such as these i can see how love cAn conquer all, blessing Mark, I love you, let's rock 2018 my soul spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the living (the good, strong, soul-filling living) is in plotting, isn't it? We don't even need to capture the gems, if the journey fills us with shine (and, of course, by "we" I mean "me".

    In 2018 (and always), I wish you a journey that is as glorious as you want it (and needed it) to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title, and yes may we gather the glitter from the mud and share its gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tend toward glitter. Amen. I find myself doing that as well, even when I know better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps all that glitters just keeps us from really flying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! By way of sychronicity, the magpie has come up thrice now in three days. I would say strange, but then birds of a feather . . . Salud 2018, Flying Man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knowing gold from pyrite isn't easy for most folks, apparently. I wish you a good year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a very healthy and happy New Year, meouw poppa ... Love always, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chasing the glitter was my downfall for years....you are a wordsmith....

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...