Saturday, October 14, 2017

ACCEPT YOURSELF


SHITHEAD

Standing in my usual spot, smoking of course,
I see the lightening in the west well before
I hear the reply of thunder.
 
I have already shit in my fedora,
with the smoky thoughts I had
before the clouds started to roll in.

The smoking thoughts were more urgent
than the feeling I should go inside.

With the first drops of rain I had to make a decision.
Let the coming downpour wash out the hat
or just stake my claim to being a real shithead.

Neither is appealing
but on the other hand
neither is off putting either.

We all are what we have become
through a series of decisions.
Nothing more, nothing less.

© M Durfee
10/14/17

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Heidi--trust me I am as easy on myself as I am on everyone else.

      Delete
  2. So what did you do?

    Every decision is another fork in the road--amazing we have the impetus to do anything, really, when we might well have done something else.

    Liked this one, Mark. All the thoughts seem smoky and urgenty lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah I put the hat on because I didn't want the rain to douse the cigarette.

      I have never had any difficulty making choices or sticking with them to the inevitable conclusion. I could have done a hundred things differently or gone right instead of left ten thousand times but looking back I know I have come to this now, where I belong, and am finding new thoughts some light, some dark, as just a resonance of place.

      I don't know if it's an increased urgency that I am writing with, I am not staring death in the face yet and I don't believe the Trump police will be coming for me anytime soon.

      Delete
  3. You write from your heart, meowpoppa ... and it's very much appreciated and understood ... thank you ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty unequivocal bunch of images--and indeed, whose fedora doesn't get full of something questionable from time to time--I suppose going hatless is the only option, but then of course, your head gets wet. Our decisions are always with us, and in the end, are us...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...