Friday, March 23, 2018

I AM NOT AN ACROBAT


THE ROAD TO VALHALLA

My ears don’t ring,
my joints don’t ache,
my heart does not palpitate.
My good eye sees perfectly fine,
my feet are so hard calloused
that cement crumbles
when I stomp on it.
It’s enough;
I made it to this space
of hoary unconcern
in one patched up piece.
(in my lying duct taped state)

© M Durfee
3/23/18

Light banter for the 55. I think everyone who did physical labor for a living gets this.
17 surgeries in 40 odd years, mostly to repair shit that got broke along the way. It’s all right I suppose especially as I believe the body is the one thing I do not take along with me when the Valkyrie come a calling.

 
VERSE ESCAPE needs a link in to your 55 in order to allow the people of the 55 to read yours. Do NOT be the ass you kick; use Oxford comma's and don't use double spaces after the end of a sentence!

8 comments:

  1. Ha! All my sympathies, and I feel every twinge with you. Every day is a new puzzle of why something suddenly hurts and wtf it means. But I also agree the body is the least of our concerns in the end--no matter how it cries as it has *always * cried--for our attention like a spoiled child.Thanks for throwing out a 55 this week Mark--but hopefully not your back or anything else. ;_)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to make it in 1 piece Mark ~ My body aches now if I stand too long or sit too long on the desk ~ Hope you are well ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. U r caught in a spider's web with your superb poetry, friend ... wishin U well, friend ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I feel the mountain of aches each day I must climb to get through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a paper pusher who sometimes does the weekend sports warrior thing, to my various joints protest. maybe 15 broken bones in my younger days are catching up ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will live every day, stretch the boundaries and the body, take the aches with the pleasure and sit on your porch at 3am listening to the silence, you are loved and that is what matters, happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. But it feels so good when it stops.

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...