Saturday, September 16, 2017

WONDER LOST



A cloud shrouded moon
Cold orb human lunacy
Life is discontent

© M Durfee
9/13/17


BRIDGES TOLLS TROLLS AND SHIT

The bridge troll rose
from its cave home
to extract that which he deemed his.
Them crossing paid or now owed a debt.
IOU’s are accepted means of escape
for both the signer and the lender.
Collection is inevitable and regrettable;
he with his hand out smirks at the fools.
Ignorance built a bridge for it to live under,
who plans for trolls living under new construction?

Bridges rise and fall with time
and time ever moves in one direction
Or another.
Too fast for some not swiftly enough for others.
I lost my cents to many trolls over the decades
and care nothing for them now, not monsters or cents
I can swim.
Piranha’s swim faster but they are more rare
and death by devouring is not
a wholly unacceptable option.

After all Christ did say eat me, drink me, feel me,
or was that Pete Townsend?
That is the difference between living
and dying’s acoustic version 
or the electric with a wall of amps.
I doubt Christ went deaf with his song,
I doubt many heard either version
or pay the toll of attention.
Bite me, chew me, swallow me, shit me—all pay tolls
but which miscreation collects it?

© M Durfee
9/16/17

15 comments:

  1. Ignorance indeed devours the ignorant? naive? We are stupid stupid people just doing as we're told, why? why? why? Am I going mad or is the world? Tell ya what Mark, we'll sit on the porch under the moon and build empires with words, much more fun *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "toll of attention." Exactly! But I am guilt far too often of not paying it myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't thin you are attention deficit Charles as much as attention diverted. One does have to ultimately be focused on providing a living and way of life. It's not like you sit on the couch all day...

      Delete
  4. Christ or Pete Townsend--I always get them confused...the toll and the trolls that collect it do seem endless, unchanging even as they change and morph the conditions and pay they exact...."I lost my cents to many trolls over the decades/and care nothing for them now, not monsters or cents/I can swim." yeah, and its a damn good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right Joy? Christ and Pete maybe not full partners but certainly clever in their own right. Yea we all pay some one some way but eventually the way 'round beckons and simply becomes impossible to resist and then---freedom!

      Delete
  5. I read the bible and I watched TV and I'm done with both ... as I refuse to give in into negative influence into my one precious life ... meouwpoppa ... U? ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be the first to admit that I read the one and watch the other daily Meowmomma, I will also be the first admit I do not have enough mental RAM left to retain much of it. Love you too Cat.

      Delete
  6. Really like that haiku, Mark. Even discontent can shine light and unite us.

    I hope you stay writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah the words finally came and a haiku seemed appropriate form for them.

      I have the same hope for you my friend.

      Delete
  7. I liked the haiku and am still pondering for whom the troll tolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. In my mind the troll is always on the lookout for the unsuspecting and impoverished of thought and pocket first.

      Delete
  8. Can we survive without heeding trolls or forgoing them? Good if you can swim but more can't, while listening to the music of street musicians. Hope you are well Mark ~ These times are filled with lunacy, for sure. Love that haiku at the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace if it is a matter of survival I think the last thing I want to pay attention to is the trolls trying to collect a portion or all of my...

      whatever they want of mine that will add to their life and prosperity before my own or them I care for. You know even the best swimmers can not always break free of the rip currents, yet the ideal of dying while striving to be or remain free still exists. There is no fear in the search for freedom.

      Delete

So Walking Man I was thinking...