Wednesday, January 27, 2016

YOU HAVE TO GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO LIVE



FIRST I THOUGHT THEN I SAW THEN I KNEW
Troubled weather is always evident if one knows what they see.
It is not a matter of education as much as knowledge gained
by being in the storms or on the calm seas.
Words can try to tell the story of an uncluttered star filled night
but until it is seen the knowledge is only a concept, a wish, a hunger, a dream.
Imagination is a spark, nothing more, it is a thought leading to a door, nothing more.
When eyes see, ears hear then one experiences the concepts of reality,
the Zen of knowing that everything is growing, always growing—until it dies
and then in that moment is when judgment of the thing shown that was,
may finally set in. The line left behind is the only way one can truly be known.

© M Durfee
1/27/16


For all but especially my friend Emma

10 comments:

  1. Yep. Feel sorry for those who will only experience life through a glass screen in their hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing, always growing, until it dies. True dat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... always grow ... never die ... smiles ... Love, cat.

      Delete
  3. It all starts with an idea... A thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem with imagination is that it wants to use reality as building blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about the need to experience the vast awesome beauty of creation-words never substitute for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct. Experience only comes when we live "it" not when we read or learn about it. Until then, it's merely a concept and sometimes totally different from what we will know

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wisdom of knowing, growing and dying ~ I wish I have many lives to experience them all ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark-our bodies are an illusion really..Love is the only thing that continues. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have experienced so much and seen more than i ever thought I would, both of the good and the evil. I have seen life and death and all that appears to fall in the between. I have no Idea of where to go from here as I never liked to revisit what I have already been.

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...