Wednesday, July 30, 2014

MUST HAVE BEEN THE LUCK OF THE DRAW-I GOT THE UGLY HONEST MUSE



WHY ARE WE ALLOWED
A world in trouble
that seems to double daily,
a catastrophe here,
another outbreak of war there;
soon enough there is not enough hair
left on the planet to pull out in frustration
at what we have done in such a short duration.

To what was once
a beautiful scientist artist’s creation.
Long, long ago
there was a canvas developed
and upon it all beauty began to grow.
As color and scenes
claimed bits and portions of the spotless, the clean.

All that was simply filled a single corner
that with time grew,
grew to proportions of glorious sights
humans only now are beginning to see.
Sadly though with each new vision given
we find a way to take our own bits and contributions
we rive them to an indescribable bit o’ ugly.

At times
I wonder why it is
that we are yet found worthy
of being alive
amidst the rest of the undiscovered wonder
we’ve not yet put to
the unforgiving human destruction test.

© M Durfee
7.30.2014
DJ


For his sake stop being stupid humans!

10 comments:

  1. This would involving thinking. And thinking seems hard for people nowadays. Oh, and common sense. There's a generation out there that doesn't seem to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe the human brain has reached its evolutionary potential

    ReplyDelete
  3. every day there just seems to be more and more...and we are the cause
    i have to wonder if we are not building to something that will really
    destroy ourselves...and ugh on the wonders that we have plundered

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a beautiful canvas despite the ugliness around us, specially when you have a new born grandson ~

    That's a lovely picture, congrats ~ Thanks for your thoughtful comments in my blog ~ I am sure I will manage the last teenage years of our children (she is the third one), I can do it, smiles ~

    And I'm sitting in Detriot Airport now, enroute to Florida ~ Have a good week Mark ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely boy, I wish him well in this world of ours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, brother ~! Elegantly phrased, to boot.

    Here's to the newest generation ~ !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby boy. I'd like to keep the canvas as pure as possible for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all, DJ went home today. He is a good baby, and doesn't deserve what will be left him. I can't, I just can't accept the form of slavery the few are imposing on the many. I am a pacifist, have been for a long time, using words instead of weapons the winds may howl but I think we can howl louder in freedom.

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...