Friday, January 31, 2020

THAT SPECIAL FEELING




You showed up! I have a trophy for you, a mark of achievement for knowing how to spell your name without picking your nose.  Have too many of ‘em already, no more display room you say? How about a keepsake lanyard made by the billions in a Senegalese sweat shop? That’ll make your feel special!


© M. Durfee
1/31/2020


This 55 is a reboot of that veritable scheme begun by Mr. knowitall who sadly passed many years ago.and after some fits and starts the torch is now once again lit up by Joy at Verse Escape.


Because this is only to be an occasional challenge the rules are simple, for they must be for the nonconformists among us! Write a poem, a story, a comment or other literary effort of any style or genre put it in your blog or website—go to Verse Escape and let her know you are playing.  The only stricture is 55 means 55 words no more no less.  Play with gusto and be done by .

14 comments:

  1. The g-man would have loved this one, Mark--your wry squint here at all of those who have no reason yo crow, yet still have the need to be "special' brought a smile to my lips, even as I shake my head that this is now the acme of endeavor. Thanks so much for making the effort--it's a form that requires some sweat, but the only trophy you get is my sincere wish for you to have a kick-ass weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, second time's the charm. ;) here's the html link code : Links

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile, till I got to the sweat shop. LOL. You rocked the 55.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you SBS it was hard and full of fits and starts to dust off the 55.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Sherry, I was giggling when it began, but that sweatshop book the breaks on. lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie I think that one only has to show up to be a recipient never really seemed right to me, although all those Bangladeshis may argue that they are grateful for the job and the award of a pay packet.

      There are multiple ways to look and see.

      Delete
  5. ?

    r u up.

    yes, i'm up.u.

    cinamon in ur coffee.

    sure like cinnenon in my coffee.

    i do wish u would stop saying cinnenon.

    i wish u would stop stopping me from being me.

    love u cinnenon girl

    u fed the cat. don't make me purr. u start the car.

    ready or not. hey world. here we r or not.

    c u when i c u @ 0555PM sharp.

    cuz time waits for no one.

    so be on time.

    u up 4 it.

    ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually up between 0030 and 0200 but I am also not normally available by msg or email until 0400 or so.

      Delete
  6. Your satirical commentary is on point, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thin =k satire is a highly under rated form Kerry. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Yes, we're all special and unique...just like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OM we mat all be special and truly unique but if all share that same ability why should uniqueness be awarded if it is common?

      I am more than willing to celebrate the output of talent, skill, or even luck but there is nothing special about showing up to the playing field.

      Delete
  8. Lanyard! I'll take the lanyard! :)

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...