Sunday, April 8, 2018

SOME DAYS IT FEELS RIGHT TO NOT KNOW MUCH


IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE



skin smooth soft unblemished meets wind touches fire tastes sand and time
mind unformed without notions or conceptions meets opinion vapid insurrection inconceivable reality and time the all-encompassing body met by the numbers eaten wrinkles and death prove a life lived gaining age ideas carrying forth what once was not seen known or wondered over
© M Durfee
4/8/18

55 words written without punctuation or capitalization and no sentence structure beyond the thought of the idea of how we become what we so quickly become.


Oy another 55 linked to Verse Escape simply because I feel bad when I know I want to and do not do. Do you do or not to do? If you do do then link to Joy and share a thought using 55 words.

7 comments:

  1. There's a feel of visual art to this as well as poetry Mark, with its quick brush strokes of image--I love 'tastes sand and time' because all too often time has a very gritty taste, like sand in the potato salad at a beach picnic.This kind of writing looks easy but isn't and can become very vapid--but not here. Here it is rich beyond 55 words and shows all to clearly how life seems to stream by us as we sit in the car seat looking out the window. So glad you could play--but remember, no guilt, no rules, no stri9ngs, so when you can't, no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it, meouwpoppa, i like it a lot. awesome capture of sudden thinking and free association. u r a rare gem ... smiles ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title. Makes for sound sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!
    Powerful.
    I miss blogging and the company of people with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ,for one,have quit the Facebook (too little meat for thought there) and am returning to blogging. I find that I have more time for reading and other indulgences this way.

      Delete
  5. I like to be clueless sometimes ~ But mostly determined so I can arrive where I want to be, when I want to be ~ Enjoyed the style Mark ~ Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much how life progresses, without pauses, commas and paragraphs so you'd know when a chapter is past....

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...