Thursday, April 16, 2015

THE EVERYTHING POLEMIC



I AM WORTHY OF HATE AND I IS IMPERIAL
I am gay, straight, deist, political, male, female, child, aborted, born unwanted, in foster care, welfare taker baby maker, illiterate, believer in climate change, denier of the same. I am elected, appointed, ran over, tax payer, facts dodger, fan of all things explosive, especially handguns. I am military, spit upon, glorified for them I killed, loved only for them that died. I am fighting for oil because that’s how you see it, I am not fighting for freedom for others which of course is bullshit as some see it. I am a family on the brink, a ship about to sink, one who loves to drink to get me drunk, junky monkey, as well as a lover of fat fast food junk. I am good, bad, mean, cruel and kind. Hate me, rape me, kill me too, I am Liberal. Conservative, Christian, Muslim, Jew. I am the soul of society and I am sick of you and you and you and you too and everything you, whatever you are, do. Why not just say it straight we raise up generation after generation in pools of despicable hate; that is our love, it is what makes me as a societies soul truly great.

© M Durfee
4.16.2015





I for one am tired, exhausted, mentally physically, emotionally, spiritually. Two more babies were killed in a close in Detroit suburb this week, that goes with the two found in a freezer, all murdered by a parent. This does not include the 5 dive by or accidental killing of children less than 10 years old in the past 60 days or the one teenager shot in the head for sitting in a car smoking a little weed with her friends on the border of Detroit or the 21 year old who had just graduated college and was headed to grad school in the fall term. There are more, too many for me to want to remember but the entire spectrum is covered in what I have listed Blacks, Whites, babies, toddlers, teens and young adults. In the title "I" is imperial as in all inclusive. I don't UNDERSTAND why we all need to have someone to abhor, to hate, to look down upon. I simply am ignorant and can not quite figure it out.

21 comments:

  1. I guess Detroit is not safe for children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Alice we do truly have an indifferent and high kill rate.

      Delete
  2. Wish I had an answer for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am entertaining all positions, potions, and suggestions Jean

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I wish for a world where I didn't know any more than what happens around the block from me. To know all these horrors is so exhausting. It scarcely allows one to bear up under it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to bear up under the unending stream of all that is Detroit within my view Charles is the one quality I hate about myself. I have become immune in my heart.

      Delete
  4. Hell is other people; they all live in Hell, which is this planet Earth. And, according to some, it was all concocted by a God. Yeah, right on man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Others create hell i agree Philip, but they do it for themselves, live in it alone yet when you have so many that create it all in one place their hell tends to intrude on mine.

      Delete
  5. Humans make our own Hell...thanks for coming by today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. e~~The saddest part is we pass it from generation to generation, then a generation rises up and redecorates hell and it starts all over again with just a different quality of trash in it.

      Delete
  6. Mark, I did not miss news of Detroit while in the Keys. Somehow Miami, seems to have less of these heinous crimes. Since when did murder be the answer to all issues like jealousy, divorce, greed etc...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi~~isn't that the idea of going away from here to somewhere else~~maybe just to see if their hell is non existent or somehow different and less malevolent?

      Delete
  7. Warm ALOHA from Honolulu, Dear MARK
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia. Kind wishes gratefully accepted.

      Delete
  8. How sad to read these verses Mark ~ We have our own share of tragedies too ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace it is becoming universal i think. sort of like a madness spilling over from continent to continent, city to city almost as if contentment frightens people. God save us from ourselves.

      Delete
  9. Have been back here a few times, reading this over and over, meowpapa ... I hear you ... but also think, that not all just can't be lost ... not even in Detroit ... me thinks, we ordinary peeps still have a huge amount of influence on how things turn out for a huge amount of people ... let's start with a simple smile towards the next person we meet in order to make a huge difference in that person's life ... Love you, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meowmama I think you have a point. It, change and peace come from not being afraid of the burn and teaching others to not retaliate as they immolate. It is hard and getting harder here because the losses are so damn tragic and acceptable and 3 days max and out of the public conscience.

      Delete
  10. The tragedy of death of the you and the hate that seems to be all consuming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit Jeff it is hard to continue to care for them i see around me.

      Delete
  11. I've been learning more and more that hatred and violence is derived from fear or just simply fearing what we cannot comprehend, and sometimes we can't understand unconditional love. Is there even such a thing? This world lacks it. It truly does.

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...