Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I WOULD RATHER BE RICH IN WORDS AND DEEDS THAN ANYTHING ELSE



WHAT DAWN SHALL COME THE MORROW?

Death soon this way comes again, this time hopefully not for another lover I know, but for years end. I am grown now and fear no future, regret no past, and still find room, like a dope, to have some damn hope for better year ahead than the one behind. I spent about thirty, maybe sixty seconds thinking it over to remind me of all that this year going away later today has been, has meant, how many lives got straight and how many more got fucked up and bent, and taken away.

It’s all a part of living, maturing, figuring what is real, important and what shit should be left behind dormant. I have gotten better at it, mostly because I left behind the bullshit. I don’t cry whine or moan because I spend almost all of my time isolated away, alone from a life I knew, a life where more people grew to know my name. I have all I need and what I want and both are the same space in the game.

It may not be quite accurate to call living a game; for sure it’s not but then I’m personally in a spot where I can see around the curve of the Earth to distant horizons, so what more can any man do than to show up to fill the temporary needs of friends, strangers hurting companions? Then retreat back to my own space, the place where I belong, the need filled, the questions answered, the deeds done.

Good bye old year, I am ready to turn the page and forge on past that old calendar, which I can say, took too many of my loved ones away, just like it will me one day—just not today. For my meat is still too tough, my skin too rough, my heart too strong, my friends, yet young, sweet, mostly kind and nice still call for an old man’s advice for me to let this life go just yet.

Like I said go away last year, I lost more than a few and quite a lot more but all with no regret. I got another year ahead to beat it, step on it and shape it into something a bit better than last years, and them that came before grinding down with unnecessary horseshit.

© M Durfee
12.31.2014




I won’t put any bad Juju on the near in future by giving you exact wishes and hope. I will say though that time spent building amity is better spent than that rolling in enmity. Be Well, be of great faith and never forget to test your power, your mystic origins, trust your gut for that is the spirit within you that I have come to admire. Pursue that which you want as if it were a need and may your wants exceed your expectations once attained. Love has become such a bandied about word that it is near meaningless, so instead let me say I am thankful for you all. There is only 12 pages on a calendar may every one of them show you how wonderful you truly are.

TWM

23 comments:

  1. i wish you another year when you have all you need plus a little more.

    keep giving your old man's advice,

    go well into the new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie I remember I was doing something illegal when a guy i was riding with said "go forward, never straight." I'm still not sure if that was good advice or not but not that i am straight, I am willing to face the "ahead of me."

      Delete
  2. Now we're at the age when we all leave a trail of the lost behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how it got to be Dec. 31 already, maybe I wasn't paying attention. At any rate, glad to have had the words of a kindred soul - yours - to give perspective to the year that was. Stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As i get older with every passing moment Denise i find there is more to unite us all than there is to divide us, if we only quit listening to rumors and the corporate owned media. i believe that we are all kindred some just don't know it yet.

      Delete
    2. That last line - yes!

      5 days down, 360 to go. We can do it! :-)

      Delete
  4. Keep on keeping on!! Fine sentiments in this year end reflection. As per usual. Thanks for all your words and deeds. Onwards, through the fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H-if there were no fog i might actually be scared by the sights of devastation surrounding me, but in not being afraid of anything i find that whatever lay ahead is just more to be able to tidy up as i pass through and that there is nothing to be worried over.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year and good advice: "time spent building amity is better spent than that rolling in enmity." I am glad the old year is gone and a new one has begun and I am feeling a lot more settled than I did last year at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always sort of got the feeling that you liked Michigan Jeff, but only wanted it to be another place you came to know, not to settle in forever. I am happy for you where you are, so much closer to where your roots lay.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year, Mark. The years just keep rollin' up no matter what. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi (except of course on your birthday)I think you may actually be the only female i know willing to acknowledge that. You have a wonder filled new year my friend of coffee and conversation.

      Delete
  7. I get the feeling that comment didn't take. Um... testing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah! I knew it. I just wanted to say that this is a typical example of your excellence in writing. You are indeed rich in words. And even if we have to let the year go, don't you dare die! We've had more than enough of that already, and I know you still have much to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice i will simply live to live simply, and if in the course of time i am no longer living here in this place i know that whatever it is I offer another will take up the giving. BUT I have to agree too much death this past years for me as well. I don't want to add to anyone's grief, except for the city leadership here, they gave me enough grief i think they deserve some back

      Delete
    2. LOL. Yes, Detroit deserves some back. Even those of us in the hinterlands know it.

      Delete
  9. New day, new dawn....

    Live and learn, and throw out the trash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow every sun is the same old sun marking a new dawn never to be repeated so yeah the more we live the more we can discard.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Ivan--you ready to take over the government yet? Viva la Revolucion!

      Delete
  11. This year of the horse did take some hostages (or as they say in Chicago horstages) and left perhaps a deeper pile carpet of "horseshit" than is usual even in this age of soulless and insane rap programming. Anyway, I hear your divine poetic rage, and hope the flame continues to burn bright for you and yours in the new year. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in a horse year Bill, and to be honest that damned animal shit all over me. I still have some wick yet but I hope every word of society I write soon becomes irrelevant and is consigned to a dusty file cabinet soon.

      Delete

So Walking Man I was thinking...