Sunday, September 21, 2014

WHAT I THOUGHT WHILE WITH THE WINDS



TIME TO GO BACK AS STOCK IN THE POT

The winds of the world
always in constant commotion
take me, blow me over the planet
to see all the troubled humanity in motion.

My heart breaks with every tiny body,
young or old,
laying lifeless in places hot and cold
where there should be peace,
places where humanity needs it dearly so,
but instead we get the grappling for power
between declared foes who care not
for the death of the insignificant little ones.

Where does that innocence go?
Born on the wings of the winds blowing over the planet.
Our final destiny is it to end as we have begun,
Live lives longing for peace and joy
while devolving into one celled creatures crawling
for release back into the primordial soup?

It could be the plan that now we know
the knowledge of the difference between good and evil
we could re-emerge, be reborn as human life again,
treat different with the earth, loving life’s fruit
more than the taste of a human’s blood purposely
shed by so many ever want to be powerful men.

© M Durfee
9.21.2014

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is to true Charles, I live on a block with 19 houses, 3 make it hell for the other 16. If we were still tribal we would have driven them out into the desert long ago.

      Delete
  2. I see the strewn bodies in my mind entirely too well. Good thing I don't see them around town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking for a place where there is no death hidden among the ruins Alice, unfortunately, almost everywhere seems to be in ruins now.

      Delete
  3. To the exclusion of seeing the compassion and joy simultaneous?


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/plan-move-hawaii-homeless-out-tourist-meccas

      Delete
    2. These words are my water for the compassion and joy to thrive on. It may taste polluted to some but they need to be especially well grown and hearty to flourish amidst the constant wars.

      Delete
  4. Me thinks, no matter where one lives, one can make a difference ... if I walk Detroit's streets and saw you smiling at me, it would make my whole day better ... ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat if you saw me smiling in Detroit you'd know I was stoned or on my way to the places of my beloved.

      Delete
  5. perhaps once we bomb the crap out of everything...we will be able to rise again and learn from our mistakes...maybe...but i think it will take us coming close to extinction before we truly admit to learning anything....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian it's not the bombs as much as the knowledge of how to make them. If the whole game wasn't about superior firepower we would have to sit and talk, all things being equal. But we have an economy and they have an ideology to protect.

      Delete
  6. Where does that innocence go?

    apt question. on faith i proclaim in grows among us.

    though all this deplorable fucking mess, i find i am obliged to hold my own self accountable for choosing peace at every turn. because i, like these countries, sometime feel like justifiably socking someone in the nose.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kj some days it takes a brawl. Some days it takes words, but most days we can not distinguish what kind of day it is so "better safe than sorry." Bombs away.

      Where does the innocence go? There are too many horrid answers to that question to even try. Faith, is not among us, it is within us, them that want it so.

      Delete
  7. Mark-indeed, where does the innocence go? I know some Detroit children that have seen and heard so much that there is NO guile. It is such a pity. xo

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...