Thursday, August 28, 2014

2 GENERATIONS, 3 GENERATIONS APART: LOVE STORIES



GRANDMA’S LOVE STORY TOLD BY GRANDPA
Somewhere together near the outskirts of a kiss, hug or handshake lifetime decisions are made.


Waiting at the place where the bus is usually blind to the sign we decided to hell with the ride that wasn’t going to come and we’d walk and talk instead of waiting wasting time. I wonder what you thought, glad or distraught because my stop came up first, about three miles back and I had to go, get home, I was late, did you have the thought I was going to leave you to finish the journey alone — on that day. Fifty years from then did you now think you’d be telling people that was our first date?


You are so cute and I such a dazzled fool I didn’t even know I was; where I should have gotten off our walk, as we talked and talked about every thoughts our minds did touch. On past my stop which I never saw nor noticed because I enjoyed our talk so very much. Being close to you had me delirious.

You left me decide what our parting gift would be that day as I reached my hand out to you, you brushed it away like you were pulling out the rug and then stepped in close for that—honestly? Much preferred light kiss and gentle hug.

© M Durfee
8.28.2014





IT MUST BE LOVE
“Hey you wanna cut class?”
“Sure why not, what you got in mind?”
“I dunno, under the bleachers; knock off a piece of ass?”
“OK let’s go, sounds cool. I’d rather fuck anyway, than be in that fucking school.”

© M Durfee
8.28.2014





i don't know when i made the decision to experiment with rhythm and prose to tell a story. Please do not hold the "love" poems of the past few posts against me. This is where my heads gone. Probably really need a hit of acid or something , be that as it may as much as this particular set is about rhythm it is about contrasts that evolved over 100 years of courting.I'll get back to blood death and conflict soon enough.


Be Well

18 comments:

  1. ha. i have a feeling this year is going to be the year of sexual healing at our school, as we did not have many sex offenses last year...so the bleachers may get a work out...the story in the first one is cute...following her on beyond your own stop...figuring out what the punctuation will be on their sentence and she kinda making that decision for both in stepping in....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not Brian all those pregnant teens at graduation is really rather awkward in such a Christian city as yours.

      My grandmother was no ones fool, I think that's why she stuck around until 105,

      Delete
  2. That first scene. Sweettttt, in more ways than one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Charles. It's easy when writing from imagined experience.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy the different you! We have to follow what the words demand. And 'love', mine's been hovering there too, must be the moon....(my explanation to everything *grin*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow don't enjoy it too much it might ruin me. i think it enough that I can still recognize the difference between love and love's lust.

      Delete
  4. Love this prose poem, about the first date, the delirious beginning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosaria, I got the story 2nd hand from my mom and embellished it some but that was similar to her parents first date,

      Delete
  5. The first part is sweet as parting gift and I am all for the woman to decide how far she wants to go with the relationship ~ Hey, I like the light side of your writing ~

    Thanks for the compliments on my post ~ I am always stretching and trying out new stuff, ha ! Have a good weekend Mark ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace you would have loved both my grandmother and my mother, they were the perfect examples for a boy child as to how a woman may want a partner but even in a relationship they were equals. Old granny took off from the farm at 18 went to teachers college and in 1910 or so traveled alone from Ottawa to Calgary and taught school in that wild cow town. She could be a take no prisoners type, and though she never tamed my grandfather he mellowed because she loved him. I guess that's the only way to a Scotsman's heart.

      Delete
  6. I like the love, Mark. It reminds me that each of us had those tender moments of sheer pleasure in romance. And yes, I was a hippie fellow with long hair in a pony tail and a beard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syd--the first one is a partially true account of how my grandparents met in Toronto, days were different then. Of course you were a flower child I really could not conceive you as any other type of youth. Well a nerd maybe...

      Delete
  7. But I love your love poetry. And yeah, that's quite the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice I like my love poetry as well, I just would rather stick with the great social dilemmas of our time. Not that anyone listens.

      Delete
  8. It's part of you, so why not let it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean if i had a penny for every piece of love poetry ever written I could pay someone to write for me. I simply prefer to stay away from it unless i have a unique perspective.

      Delete
  9. ... quite a contrast, but then again ... not ... and u know it, don't u ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meowmomma My grandparents ia am fairly certain were more of the prim and proper type until they got married, then I think they were like rabbits making up for lost time. Much different that today's morays.

      Delete

So Walking Man I was thinking...