Friday, March 28, 2014

A SIMPLE TELLING OF A SIMPLE TALE



CONSTRUCTION FINISHED
At the start the land was dusty, dry, void, a simple foundation not quite finished. Soon trucks of brick, wood and mortar arrived, He built his house. He landscaped it, with comedy, irreverence, and a few recipes. Hands on hips, dusk illuminating him, he takes one look back and thinks, “Yea G, time to go.”

© M Durfee
3.28.2014

Linked to Mr. Know it all and his final day of hosting the 55 word prose Friday. A day often missed but rarely forgotten about by TWM. Be Well, G, face harmony as your destiny. Peace.

mark



CALL IT SMART ASS LOVE




MR. KNOW IT ALL WILL YOU MARRY ME?
I little older, a lot less world weary, never afraid to try a new thing, cooks food fit for a king and is good at everything from telling a tale to refusing to fail. On my life he was a little younger, a bit less hairy I would not hesitate to make him my wife.

© M Durfee
3.28.2014

15 comments:

  1. A fine tribute to the G-man ~ The metaphor of the finished construction is apt ~

    Hope you are well Mark ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!
    Have you turned Mormon? I thought you wuz already hitched?
    Thanks for the nods my brother, you have inspired me more than you know.
    It's been an honor to be friends with "The Voice Of Our Generation".
    Even though you've grown more weary and less cynical, you have MUCH to say!
    Love you ....G
    Have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think he changed Mormon….howeverrrrrr ~

    This was great.
    Never weary or cynical, ever!
    *cough*

    Great stuff, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I knew he'd have something to say about it.

    Will this be the last short piece I see from you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fantastic … I hope to see you over at the new "building" - I've heard they shave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved these, Mark. You nailed G to a T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a building is just finished.. and the architect and builder can enjoy it's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a case of Spring, like a gamboling lamb-kin!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never participated in the 55 word challenge, but enjoyed reading many such stories from those of you who did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Light and airy, Mark, and with a lot of humor. I don't know Mr. G. but doubt if I would want to marry him. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i never once wrote a 55 but i know who the g-man is and your two tributes to him are quite great. less cynical? i don't think so. i think you're just more poetic. and tender.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up Mark? Haven't heard from you in a while. You OK?

    ReplyDelete

So Walking Man I was thinking...